There are a couple basic principles when it comes to coffee:
- The taste of the coffee is very much dependent on the origin and processing methods of the bean.
- The age of the bean after the roast date influences the taste, longer than 1 month old after roasting generally is bad.
- Most coffees in the supermarket are sub par, since they are in most cases older than one month, you’re better off at local coffee roasters.
- The roast depends which type of coffee brew method fits best.
I have been visiting local roasters and prices are no joke. This has led me to look into home roasting coffee beans. After a bit of research I discovered the popcorn popper method as a relatively cheap and low effort method for trying it at home.
Blogpost relating to coffee:
- Lido 3 hand grinder
- Hario Skerton with mods
- French Press by Bodum
- Motta Tamper
- Salter 0.1 g kitchen scale
- Baratza Virtuoso
- Isomac Zaffiro Espresso machine